Juvederm is the newest hyaluronic acid filler approved by the Food and Drug Administration and it’s now available at Park Avenue Plastic Surgery & Spa. Derived from a natural substance found in the human body, there is no need for a sensitivity test because it is so similar to your own tissue. Juvederm treatments by Dr. Joseph work to “fill out” and smooth over your skin, as well as enhance your lip size and shape.
Juvederm is also used to:
- Plump up the lines from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth
- Fill in vertical wrinkles between your eyebrows
- Rejuvenate the hollow area under your eyes
- Reduce the "frown lines” or downward creases at the corner of your mouth
- Correct scars
Juvederm is very similar to Restylane, though there are some differences in the structure of each product. Juvederm comes in three "formulas" so it has the capacity to handle tiny lines as well as deep folds.
Depending on the procedure and the amount of Juvederm injected, risks include:
In clinical testing, the most commonly reported side effects included temporary injection site reactions such as:
- Pain and tenderness
- Skin firmness
- Lumps and bumps under the skin called granulomas
If you are interested in enhancing your appearance with Juvederm and live in the Orlando or Winter Park, Florida, please contact facial plastic surgery office today