|Sign up to receive Monthly Newsletters, Specials and Announcements & Events
To improve the appearance of your eyelids and give your face a fresh, rejuvenated appearance, you can undergo a blepharoplasty. This cosmetic eyelid surgery improves the look of your upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. It also enhances the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more alert and well-rested.
Every year, about 100,000 men and women undergo eyelid surgery to improve the way they look. A blepharoplasty removes the excess fat, muscle, and skin from both upper and lower lids. The result is a younger, firmer eye area.
A blepharoplasty can treat:
- Noticeable bags underneath your eyes
- Loose skin that creates folds in your upper or lower eyelid
- Sagging skin that impairs vision
- Excess fatty deposits that make your upper eyelids look puffy
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids, which exposes your iris
- Excess skin around your eyes
What it can’t do
This procedure cannot alter dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. It also can’t fix sagging eyebrows. A blepharoplasty is often performed as a single procedure, though it can also be combined with a brow lift, facelift, or skin resurfacing to achieve optimum results.
Am I a good candidate?
Ideally, eyelid surgery is performed on adult women and men with healthy facial tissue and muscles. You should also have realistic goals for the improvement of your upper and lower eyelids, and the surrounding area.
You also have this surgery performed for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to achieve an ideal image.
Good candidates for a blepharoplasty are those who:
- Do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can I impair healing
- Don’t smoke
- Have a positive outlook and specific but realistic goals
- Don’t have serious eye conditions
If you are interested in enhancing your appearance, please contact our Winter Park cosmetic surgery office today.