If you crave a flat, toned abdomen but are unable to achieve the look you desire despite living a healthy, active lifestyle, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedure may do the trick. The benefits of a tummy tuck are fairly obvious; however, there are potential risks that may not be as obvious for people considering this type of cosmetic surgery.
- Elimination of excess abdominal fat and skin
- Tightened abdominal muscles
- Creation of a smaller waistline
- Removal or tightening of stretch-marked skin
- Improved body image and self-confidence
- Removal of potentially dangerous belly fat
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Dissatisfaction with the inevitable surgery scar along the bikini line
- Delayed healing process
- Infections during or after surgery
Although tummy tucks are serious surgical procedures, they are generally safe if performed by a well-trained, knowledgeable cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Brian Joseph. It is also important that the patient follow all of the doctor’s orders and recommendations before, during and after the procedure to reduce possible risks.
Please contact our Florida plastic surgery office today for a free tummy tuck risks and benefits consultation. We will help you determine if you are a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.